Skip to content

Support Forum

78 results found

1. Add next word prediction

I like the Autocorrect feature, but I would love to see an option for next word prediction so that when you complete one word (with Autocorrect or otherwise), the suggestion bar would autopopulate with possible next words before the first letter is even typed. I find this useful in the stock keyboard and many other 3rd-party keyboards.

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This was implemented in Typefinity 1.8. For English and German, predictions are built-in. For all languages they are (also) learned from your typing. Word predictions are also used to constrain autocorrect and swipe suggestions so these are improved as well. As with all our learning features, this data stays on your device (and backups) and is never sent to us.

2. spacebar hold/move cursor

Great keyboard...probably the first Ive seen that's actually worth losing the dictation button... I've seen in a couple of other keyboards that you can hold the spacebar down and move your finger left or right to move the cursor. Think that would be a great option for precision moving.

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Implemented in version 4.5. Note that Apple provides third-party keyboards no means to move the cursor vertically or to implement the “floating cursor” rendering the system keyboard uses, so we’ve done the best that we can to deliver smooth, useful control over horizontal movement.

3. Hide PadKeys topbar with autocorrect on

I like to use autocorrect to make sure I get spelling correct but I don't always need predictive text and I'm a fan of the built-in topbar.
    Would it be possible to add an option to hide the PadKeys topbar without disabling autocorrect? Also, a switch for swipe input would be good, not that it activates by accident but it'd be nice to have that as an option.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Two finger "scrolling"

Great app! I noticed with the new iOS 9 update, the cursor could be controlled by two fingers, making it easier than pressing arrow keys or holding the cursor. Is it possible to include this in the next update of padkeys?

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Horizontal movement has been implemented for a while by holding and dragging the space bar. As we said before, Apple provides no way to implement vertical movement; the best third-party keyboards can do is to scroll horizontally by some fixed number of characters and hope it approximates vertical motion.

In Typefinity 1.7.1 we have now implemented exactly this. (If you’re still running PadKeys you’ll need to upgrade.) Your mileage may vary, but leave feedback here if you think we should make the scrolling amount substantially greater or lesser.

5. 11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Replace word that cursor is in, rather than split the word

Firstly thanks for creating the first grown up keyboard for an iPad.

Right now if you position the cursor in the middle of a mispelt word the keyboard proposes words based on the first part of the word and when you select one it splits the original word into two, replacing the first part of the word with the new one. It would be better if it considered the whole word and replaced the whole word with the new one, like most other 3rd party keyboards do. This could either be a standard feature or an option of you think…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Well this one has been a long time coming, because in fact we HAVEN’T seen it in any other keyboard, but we have experimentally enabled this in 4.4. If not too many “You broke it” reactions ensue, it will stay. :-)

7. Emoji? iOS 9 shortcuts?

From time I try to find a real keyboard for my iphone and my ipad. I have sampled a few, but dislike the privacy compromise, bugs and it still not being native, as in I only get the custom keyboard during basic text entry ... Can't use it to put in a complex username and password.

Anyway. Padkeys seems to tick a few more boxes.

Two things I'm not seeing:

Microphone key, to use siri
    Emoji key

Then Apple has also started to add an extra row with some extra buttons for copy paste etc .... What is your stance…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have added our own shortcut buttons for undo, redo, and paste. Due to iOS restrictions, paste requires Full Access, and undo/redo are limited, but hopefully this will make it easier for people to do away with the space-consuming system shortcuts bar under iOS 9. (And under iOS 8 you get functionality the system doesn’t offer at all.)

A number of developers have made requests to Apple to provide access to their own shortcut functionality so we could provide a more complete implementation, but no progress observed as yet.

8. Can I add to the dictionary?

Can I add to the dictionary within the app?

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As of version 2.0, the autocorrect functionality will “learn” to suggest new words that you use that aren’t in its dictionary. NOTE: you must use the “Normal” (highest) Autocorrect Level setting to enable this.

The ability to remove is not added yet. It makes some sense, but let’s see how strong of a need it is in our implementation.

9. A top row switch key

I noticed that we have two backspaces which is kind of unnecessary in my opinion. What if that backspace key on the bottom left was replaced by a key that you can use to switch between the numeric top row and the shortcut bar for all your copying and pasting needs? I personally find it a pretty nifty idea and I wonder what you think about it.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We've added undo and paste buttons to our shortcut bar (on iPad, which is the only layout that has the forward-delete). Hopefully this satisfies the need. If there are other buttons folks would like to see on the shortcuts bar, please make a new post. Thanks!

10. iPad pro support please

Now the keyboard works on iPad pro but it's gigantic, and covers too much of the screen real estate compared to the system keyboard.

Also on iPad pro as the undo, redo, paste are already supported, so maybe that space can be used for something else?

Thanks. Thisnis the best keyboard I used on iPad so far. I really love how this matches the Mac keyboard layout instead of inventing something new.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We added a shorter layout for the iPad Pro in landscape mode. In addition, you can access the same layout on regular iPads in landscape mode by holding down the keyboard-away button.

11. 'CAPS LOCK' Key required

Please install an option to change the 'tab' key for a 'CAPS LOCK' key. I have found that even with double tap of shift key after double space the keyboard reverts to lower case after the first letter typed. Very annoying when you want upper case on always. Also this would stop changing from upper to lower case when !@#$%^&*() etc are typed. Or keep the 'tab' key but lock the shift lock key as always on once applied.
    My ipad is used by Qantas airways to sign off maintenance and must be typed in all capital letters. Thousands or…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The issue with caps-lock reverting after double-space was a bug and we’ve fixed it. We aren’t able to prevent turning off caps lock after typing shifted symbols, since tapping shift deactivates caps lock.

As far as changing forward-delete for something else, we have been considering making this key customizable for some time, and will likely do so, but probably not in the next release.

12. Pad keys is great. The only thing missing is an "Caps Lock" key. Double tapping the shift key is not good enough. Please give us a Caps Lock

Pad keys is great. The only thing missing is an "Caps Lock" key. Double tapping the shift key is not good enough. Please give us a Caps Lock Key so I don't have to keep putting it back to Caps after I type -/:;()$&@ etc.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While a dedicated capslock key would allow typing caps interspersed with punctuation and also simplify the internal implementation, there is unfortunately just not enough real estate to spare for another key.

HOWEVER, in the 3.2.1 release we added the ability to swipe-up on symbol keys to access the shifted version (similar to swipe-down on iOS 11 Apple keyboard). Accessing symbols this way won’t “clear” the caps lock.

13. Swipe options

I would love to see 1) an option to disable swipe input and 2) an option to swipe/hold certain keys to input its alternate shift character.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make Basic Characters More Accessible

Use the OPTION key for access to apostrophes, quotation and exclamation marks, parentheses, regular as well as m and n dashes, dollar signs and a DELETE key, along with CHANGE CASE keys...ALL being the characters most frequently used moment-by-moment for texting messages and emails.

There comes a point where too many features... "cooks in the kitchen," so to speak—or characters, in this case—ruin the day-to-day practicality of the "soup" in your app.

Sincerely,
    Peter Donoso

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As mentioned in the comments, these are accessed in the same places as laptop and desktop keyboards by tapping ‘Shift’. If you want to see the labels before you actually press shift, open PadKeys Settings and turn on “Show Shift Hints” on the left side. Thanks!

16. Make the area beneath hold-popup-menu sensitive for Selection of character

Make the area beneath hold-popup-menu sensitive for Selection of character. Thank you.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We implemented this in Typefinity 1.7 (and PadKeys 4.7), May 2020. Thanks F. Hiew for excellent and clear suggestions; we implemented some of them already and have some others listed for future versions.

17. Dvorak Layout

When can we expect Dvorak support

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Fix crash in Mail on iOS 9

We are aware of an issue in which the Mail app will crash in some cases when starting to compose a new message or reply, when PadKeys is the selected keyboard. Unfortunately this is due to a bug in Mail itself. We are trying to work around it, which we believe should be possible since not all third-party keyboards are crashing. When / if we find a solution we'll release a new version to the App Store right away.

For now unfortunately the only solution is to select another keyboard before entering Mail, and then switch to PadKeys once the…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Autocorrect issues

It's not always showing me the suggestions I want, and sometimes it shows ones I don't want.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We believe it is working reasonably well at this point so that priority has shifted to other issues. If you feel there is some specific way that autocorrect could be improved, please post a new idea.

20. Haptics / vibrations on key presses.

Hi,

Would it be possible to add an option to allow for haptic feedback every time a key is pressed?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?